The Kimmswick Visitor Center, located at 314 Market Street, is filled with information, brochures, souvenirs, a public telephone, bottled water, sodas, public restrooms, and an assortment of first aid and over-the-counter medications.
The Visitor Center is located in the Maul House built in 1872. The house was built after the Civil War presumably by Mr. Kimm. The first deed was given by him to Elizabeth Nagle. At a later date, in 1896, Victor Maul's family purchased the house and lived there for a very long time. A daughter of the Mauls, Bertie, was one of the teachers ath the school for black children in Kimmswick.
The house was later purchased by Miss Ross and given to the Kimmswick Merchanst Association. It was renovated in 1978 and became the Kimmswick Visitor Center. Today the Center is run by volunteers who are eager to answer any questions you may have about Kimmswick and its many merchants, restaurants, and bed and breakfasts. The Visitor Center is made possible by contributions from area merchants along with proceeds from it ongoing used book sale and donated gift items.
Kimmswick Visitor Center 314 Market Street Kimmswick, MO 63053 636-464-6464